This 3-hour class will give you some insight into life after your baby comes home.
You are having your first baby. Congratulations! You have probably done a lot of prep work during your pregnancy and taken a birthing class…but guess what? You are taking that amazing baby home with you. Your care providers and birth place personnel will not be going with you. Now what? Having a new baby is a lot of work, but with some planning and helpful tips you will survive and thrive!
Topics covered are:
- Setting up your house for your new baby (We’re not talking cribs and car seats here)
- Mom’s body after a baby and tips for bouncing back or… no one ever told me that!
- Baby proofing your relationship (yes, it will be different, but that’s not a bad thing)
- Dealing with invited and unexpected guests (setting up visiting rules)
- Getting the help you need
- Simple tips to sooth a new baby
- Having realistic expectations
- Tips for avoiding postpartum depression
This class is for: Parents having their first baby, including adopting parents.
Time: sometime in the last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy or up to 2 weeks postpartum (babies are welcome!)