- Among the many advantages of a TBI stay. You will find it is a much lower cost in comparison to a hospital stay. However, it is important that you understand what your individual out-of-pocket expenses will be, based on what your insurance policy covers.
- *Please note: Midwife fees are additional to birth center fees and are billed separately.*
You can register to give birth at TBI once you have reached 36 weeks. Clients are eligible to use the facility for their birth between weeks 37 and 42 of their pregnancy. Additionally, please ask your midwife to be sure and send your health records before you register, so your registration can be completed and your health insurance benefits can be verified in plenty of time for baby’s arrival!
Completed registrations include: Consent forms signed, health records on file and registration fee paid by week 36 of your pregnancy. Please include delivery due date and care provider information. Please call to make an appointment to register, (253) 761-8939 Registrations take place via phone call by making an appointment Please allow up to 30 minutes for your registration process as there are a number policies to read through and understand, as well as consent forms to be signed. We want to take the time to answer any questions you may have, and to make sure you feel ready to have your baby at TBI.
- Be sure to have all of your updated insurance cards with you, as all policies must be billed by TBI. There may be secondary policies for coverage that you may not have considered, such as that of a spouse, or a parent if you are under 26 years of age. A non-refundable reservation fee of $425 is due upon registration. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, money orders, personal checks, and cash.
- All birth centers in The State of Washington are required under Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 246-329-095 to secure a second trained person is immediately available in the birth center during each birth. To fulfill this duty and ensure optimal safety for each birth, it is The Birthing Inn’s policy to reserve a qualified midwife assistant on your behalf. Midwife assistants, or MAs, are trained in neonatal and adult resuscitation. They are each well versed in birth center procedures and available to assist your midwife any time, night or day, 365 days a year.
Browse our Insurance policy :
click on the options to learn more
+ Island Billing
Island Billing is our billing expert.
Island Billing offers confirmation of coverage for new patients seeking out midwifery & medical care along with verification of benefits so that patients understand their levels of coverage.
+ Private Insurance
The Birthing Inn is contracted with most insurance companies. We strongly advise you to contact your insurance company and ask if your policy covers The Birthing Inn. Our Tax ID # is 91-1912740 . This code can aid your insurance company in quoting benefits to you. They may also ask for a procedure code, the code used is 59400SG. Once you’ve confirmed that your insurance will cover your birth at TBI, please make sure they cover the affiliated midwife you have chosen. This is an important step that should not be overlooked. Be sure to ask your midwife which insurance companies she is contracted with.
+ We Accept DSHS
All DSHS/Medicaid health insurance starts out as Provider One. Once established, you select and/or are assigned an insurance carrier that supports DSHS called Apple Health.
- The Birthing Inn is contracted with many of the insurance carriers through DSHS; however, some companies are more supportive of out-of-hospital birth than others.
- If you do not specify an insurance carrier through DSHS, you will be assigned one automatically. This choice of insurance carrier can affect your experience. If you are using Apple Health, we suggest that you sign up with Molina or Amerigroup. These two companies are generally quite supportive of out-of-hospital births, and we have had good experiences working with them.
- Please provide your assigned carrier card when you register.
+ Military Families with Tricare
The Birthing Inn (facility only) is now certified with Tricare!
To get in touch with the Midwife that Tricare contracts with. Please visit Kay Jackson CNM, ARNP so you can begin prenatal care with her right away and prepare to give birth with us here at The Birthing Inn. Tricare does not contract with Licensed Midwives if you would like to work with one of our other providers reach out to them individually and discuss their Self-pay rates. We look forward to giving back to our military families with the gift of personalized attention and care.
The Birthing Inn's billed rate for facility use is $5000. If you are a self-pay client we are able to offer a prompt pay discount of 50% at the time of your registration. This does not include the reservation fee of $425 We accept all forms of payment. Credit/debit cards are subject to a 3.5% convenience fee.
+ terms and conditions
- It is The Birthing Inn’s policy to have credit/debit card information on file for each registered client. We accomplish this by creating a Mind/Body account where you can store your payment information, buy classes and products as needed.
- After the completion of your registration, Islandbilling will verify your benefits. A Maternity Benefits Verification (MBV) will be developed showing an “estimate” of what you will owe for the facility services. The information will include your deductible and co-insurance. Island will email an estimated out of pocket calculation letter within promptly. We ask that you pay your portion upon receipt of this letter/invoice.
- Once services are rendered, the billing service will bill your insurance. Once your insurance has paid their contracted portion, a statement will be generated for the remaining balance, if it exceeds your estimated patient portion.
- Keep in mind, The Birthing Inn will bill for services as a facility. Your midwife will bill separately as a provider for your prenatal care and birth.
- If you transfer to a hospital, both The Birthing Inn and the hospital will bill for facility services.
- TBI has a 2 - statement policy, we are not able to carry balances.
- 1st Statement - payment for any remaining balance is due within 30 days after receipt of your statement.
- 2nd Statement - you will receive a phone call or email as a reminder that you have a balance due. If we do not hear from you within 2 weeks, TBI will use your payment information to collect your current balance due.
- The Birthing Inn accepts all forms of payment including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, money orders, personal checks and cash. A $50 non-sufficient fund fee will be added to all returned checks.
- Please note that payments completed via credit or debit are subject to a 3.5% convenience fee.