Planning your birth can seem like a daunting task, but we’re here to help! Take a look at each trimester for guidance on how to prepare and plan during your pregnancy.
1st Trimester – Conception to 12 Weeks
Congratulations on your Pregnancy! These are the first days of your pregnancy journey. Growing a human being can be exhausting and overwhelming. A first step might be to:
- Call (253)761-7492 to make a private appointment to tour and learn our about our services and facility.
- Interview and select either a certified nurse midwife or licensed midwife with privileges at TBI.
2nd Trimester – 12 to 28 Weeks
You’re on your way! Your energy should be increasing and you’re stepping back into a (somewhat) normal life.
- Select and register for your Pregnancy, Labor, and Childbirth Course.
- Schedule your 20-Week Ultrasound. Your midwife can help with this.
- Another option to consider; interview and select a Doula to assist during labor.
3rd Trimester – 28 Weeks to Delivery
Almost there! You are in the final days of your pregnancy, just a few more items to check off the list before your sweet baby arrives.
- Attend your childbirth classes
- Choose your baby's care provider
- 36 weeks is the time to make your appointment to register at The Birthing Inn.
- Be sure to have your Midwife's phone number so you can call her directly when in labor.
4th Trimester – Delivery to 3 Months
Congratulations! Your journey with your newborn has just begun. After your birth at TBI, be sure to check the rest of these to-do’s off your list.
- Schedule your Well-Baby visit with your baby’s care provider.
- Ask for lactation support through your midwife or local lactation support groups.
- Consider hiring postpartum Doula support.
- Schedule your postpartum visits with your midwife.