Planning your birth can seem like a daunting task, but we’re here to help! Take a look at each trimester for guidance on how to prepare and plan during your pregnancy.
1st Trimester – Conception to 12 Weeks
Congratulations on your Pregnancy! These are the first days of your pregnancy journey. Growing a human being can be exhausting and overwhelming. A first step might be to:
- Call (253)761-7492 to make a private appointment to tour and learn our about our services and facility.
To request an estimate of your insurance benefits or discuss your specific concerns about billing and your insurance coverage, please contact our Billing Director, Kim Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-761-8939.
- Interview and select either a certified nurse midwife or licensed midwife with privileges at TBI.
2nd Trimester – 12 to 28 Weeks
You’re on your way! Your energy should be increasing and you’re stepping back into a (somewhat) normal life.
- Select and register for your Pregnancy, Labor, and Childbirth Course.
- Schedule your 20-Week Ultrasound. Your midwife can help with this.
- Another option to consider; interview and select a Doula to assist during labor.
3rd Trimester – 28 Weeks to Delivery
Almost there! You are in the final days of your pregnancy, just a few more items to check off the list before your sweet baby arrives.
- Attend your childbirth classes
- Choose your baby's care provider
- 36 weeks is the time to make your appointment to register at The Birthing Inn.
- Be sure to have your Midwife's phone number so you can call her directly when in labor.
4th Trimester – Delivery to 3 Months
Congratulations! Your journey with your newborn has just begun. After your birth at TBI, be sure to check the rest of these to-do’s off your list.
- Schedule your Well-Baby visit with your baby’s care provider.
- Ask for lactation support through your midwife or local lactation support groups.
- Consider hiring postpartum Doula support.
- Schedule your postpartum visits with your midwife.